Terms and Conditions
Forgive us, we have to do this bit...
Unauthorised synchronisation use, copying, retail, hiring, lending, broadcast and public performance of our music is prohibited.
The copyright and master rights in the music on this website are owned by Audio Network Limited. If you breach any of our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to take action.
All our licences are designed to be straightforward and concise. The following terms and conditions are designed to explain what you can and can't do with our music.
If you are unsure about any aspect of music use please contact us.
Downloading your music/distribution policy
If you wish to download music you must select a usage type from the options available. After purchasing your tracks, your licence will be emailed to you automatically.
Reporting your music use
As with any music used in productions for broadcast or cinema, you’ll need to fill in a music cue sheet. Please send a copy of the cue sheet to email@example.com.
Changes to your production
The download rate covers use of the track in only one production. If you want to use the same track in two different productions you will need to download the track twice. Any changes to your original production, trailers etc, will classify as a ‘new’ production.
If you need to use several tracks in your production(s), or if you need lots of versions of tracks, a blanket licence will usually work out cheaper. Our rate card lists all available options for blanket licences, please contact us to find out more.
Using our music in other ways
Our standard licences are issued for synchronising our music with your pictures (audio-visual use). Music-only productions (such as audio-only CDs) require a special licence agreement, without which, music may not be re-recorded, duplicated or re-sold. Please contact us for details.
Public performance of your production
Audio Network is a member of the Performing Right Society (PRS) in the UK and equivalent overseas societies. This means that every public performance (broadcast, website use, live events etc) of your production needs to be covered by a public performance licence. It is usually the responsibility of the entity performing the music - broadcaster, live music venue or website owner (not usually the production company) – to clear this licence with the local performing rights society.
The societies then divide up this licence fee income amongst composers and publishers whose music has been used. This is why it is important for production companies to fill in cue sheets so the broadcaster can give the local performing rights society the necessary information about the music it has used.
If you wish to pre-clear the US cinematic rights or other US public performance rights direct with Audio Network, please contact us for details.
Audio Network owns all of its sound recordings. No additional licence is required for public performance of our sound recordings from PPL in the UK or any overseas equivalent society.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We cannot guarantee a refund of online purchases unless there is a technical defect with a file and we are notified within 48 hours of purchase. To request a refund, please contact us and we will be happy to help. Refunds will be issued to the card used at the time of purchase and will processed within 15 working days.
From 2nd January 2015, you'll be charged the VAT rate prevalent in the EU country you're in at time of purchase, determined by your IP address.
For more information contact us.
Terms and Conditions of Trial Use
Participation in the trial promotion is subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Please do not download any music tracks if you do not accept them:
- A gratis (free) synchronisation licence is automatically granted in respect of all tracks downloaded under the promotion for private sharing only.
- Under the gratis licence, you can synchronise the tracks with picture to create a production for private edit and demo purposes only, and this may not be shared or broadcast publically.
- You cannot synchronise the tracks for any commercial purpose, such as television, company websites, YouTube (or other streaming platforms) films, trailers or advertising, nor can you sell your production.
- You cannot give or sell the tracks to anyone else, or duplicate or distribute the unsynchronised (audio-only) music tracks in any way.
- All tracks downloaded during trial must be licensed/purchased before used for sync in final production or project.
- Music tracks are available to download at 96kbps mp3 compression. Music tracks are available to purchase at higher rate mp3 compression and full quality WAV/AIFF format.
- A maximum of ten music tracks may be downloaded under the trial promotion, but there is no minimum.
- Audio Network reserves the right to limit the duration of the trial promotion to 28 days from your first download and may withdraw the promotion at any time.
- No public performance rights are granted in respect of your production.
- You must register your details with Audio Network in order to access the tracks, but you can subsequently opt out of any communications.
If you have any additional questions regarding the terms of the trial promotion please contact us.